Thursday, December 22, 2016

Amy Beth Carter

Amy Beth Carter was a girl I used to know
Back in the old days, we were just kids
Curious about how she felt, I asked her out
Didn’t take long for things to kick off
Everything seemed so easy
For a while, at least
Gorgeous, she was simply gorgeous
Hair, sleek and shiny
I’s, a beautiful blue
Just the two of us, that’s all I ever wanted
Kristine Louise Martha, her cousin, was also very pretty
Luckily, Amy didn’t notice for a while
Much to my surprise, Amy eventually found out
“No! I can’t take it!” she screamed
“Oh, Amy! We-“I retorted, scared about what she would do
“Push off! I never want to see you again” She yelled
Quietly, I left, dragging my feet
Right after that, Amy moved
So, that’s how it went
Tomorrow marks our tenth year anniversary, or at least, it would be
Understand, that I haven’t seen anyone since
Vexing, that’s a good word for love
Why does it have to be so complicated?
Xavier, you need to learn how to let go of things like this
Yes, I would, if it wasn’t so difficult
Zoned out, flushed out, and out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment