Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Earthworm

To pay for a present, I sold my hair.
To pay for that ring, I sold my car.
I barely made my own wedding.
To pay for that house, I sold my kidney.
To pay for the child support, I sold my bone marrow.
To pay for the child's tuition, I sold my other kidney.
To pay for the divorce lawyer, I sold my tongue.
The trial didn't go so well. I couldn't speak.
To pay for a new house, I sold my eyes.
To pay for a personal care assistant, I sold my legs.
To pay to make my house accessible for someone like me, I sold my arms.
Just for the hell of it, I sold my nose.
To pay for this machine that's allowing me to type without fingers, I sold my skin.
To pay for this machine that's keeping me alive, I sold my soul.
I'm nothing. For all you know, I'm an earthworm.
I have no hair.
No car.
No kidneys.
No bone marrow.
No tongue.
No eyes.
No legs, no arms.
No nose.
No skin.
Do worms have souls? Who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment