Sunday, October 29, 2017

Fun Halloween Treats: Spooky Cupcakes!

Hello, everyone!

After a bit of a week-long hiatus, I'm back, and in the same quality! (Not better than ever, that's not how it works)

I was feeling sort of blue while I was gone, not writing. So I decided to bake something!

If you want to learn how to make them, just follow these steps.

You get regular vanilla cake mix:


Bear with me, things get interesting when you put in green food coloring! 

You could add it to the frosting, but that's for St. Patrick's day.

While the green cupcakes are baking, you take some purple frosting:
You put the frosting in a small bowl and microwave it for about a minute, so it's easier to mix. Then, what you need to do is add some grape flavored drink mix (Concentrate) so it becomes a nice deeper purple. You can do this with or without the grape. I could have used regular white frosting (Sprinkles included!) but again, you can get a nice deep purple, which is a bit spookier. 

Spoooooooooky!

When you have a mix of delicious grape/vanilla frosting, add any small candies you like. I decided to add candy bones! 
I don't have any photos of the final product, because I want it to be a surprise when I take it to my extended family's get-together/Halloween party/Grandma's birthday. Don't tell anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment