Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I Hate Glitter


I'm not a negative person, at least not entirely.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for their life decisions, their creeds, their beliefs, and so on.

People are people, and there is nothing that you can say or do to change your status of humanity... For the most part.

But if you were to take a little bottle of glitter from a craft store or such, and happened to empty it all on me, I would hate you more than anything in the entire world. More than Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin or Kim Jong-Un. You would be dead to me, and I'm dead serious. Styrofoam is bad, but if you ask me, glitter is way, way worse. And the worst part is that it serves no function.

Styrofoam has its function mainly as a packing material. Yes, it is harmful to the environment, but luckily, scientists have found a solution. Starch-based packing peanuts were developed in the 1990s, and are slowly replacing regular packing peanuts, and hopefully soon, Styrofoam. Sure, it might get on you if it breaks off, but it would be no worse than just getting some food on your clothes. It dissolves and washes off. That's a good thing.

However, to my knowledge, glitter has no "better solution" yet. When glitter gets on you, it sticks. It can be washed off, but when it's taking a joyride on your shirt, it shimmers, making it more notable. That's annoying.

I have nothing against glam rock or hair metal, but it was that subculture that made glitter so popular.

Now, you're looking at me like I'm crazy.

Don't deny it.

See?

You feel it on your skin, don't you? Just a single piece of PET that's seeping into your skin. It's a microplastic. They cause cancer. Do you feel pretty yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment