Friday, December 21, 2018

December 21st 2012 Part VI: We're Still Here

Remember when the world was supposed to end six years ago? It seems silly to think that we're still here. I'm glad we're still here. I like all of you.

I remember seeing the initial rumors, and then the panic and hype. Was the end coming? I prayed that I'd be saved from the inferno. What I failed to realize is that praying to my Christian God would be fruitless towards protecting me from a Mayan threat.

Also, another thing to consider is that the Mayan calendar doesn't specify what happens at the end. When a calendar ends, you replace it. Any measurement of time is simply an arbitrary length given by humans to understand time better.

Is any of this important? Yes. Always remember that there will always be some whacko preaching the end of the world. And until you see fire raining from the sky, shut up and enjoy your day. Go to Qdoba. Their burritos are like, an entire pound. If you froze one and threw it at someone, they'd die. Food for thought.

That's a Mayan prophecy that'll come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment